3 ½ - 4 hours
Start Time: 10.00 AM ♦ Duration 3 ½ hours ♦ Small group ♦ Maxim 8 people ♦ Minim 4 people ♦ 6 stops ♦ In English ♦ French food and culture ♦ Local Expert Guide ♦ Price: 125 € / pax.
What you will experience – This tour along the Lost River, is designed to give you a complete immersion of both the history and gastronomy of the Latin Quarter.
Following a natural waterway in the heart of Paris, you will taste delicious food and discover the city’s treasures! The river that once flowed in Paris, La Bièvre, existed until the beginning of the 20th century, and was later on transformed into a colourful gourmet market-street boarded by restaurants, bars, shops with French cheese specialty and wineries. Hemingway, lived in the area, just a stone’s throw from the historical market-street rue Mouffetard. You will taste generous cheese samples paired with wine, yummy pasty and mouthwatering cakes. You will learn about French cuisine, cheese, wine, pastry and the history of the monuments you pass by.
What you will taste
The Food The Drinks
– Best French Cheeses (4+ different types) – Fine Wines (Red)
– Oysters (different types / depends on the season) – Fine Wines (White)
– Finest Cured Meats (different types) – Still or mineral water
– Traditional Viennoise pastries – Soft Drinks (for non-alcoholic option)
– Freshly Baked Bread
– A yummy merengue
– Special cake
– Cream puff
– A surprise
The tour starts in the Saint-Médard Square area (Metro station Censier-Daubenton, Line 7), and will follow the Lost River. The exact meeting point and other details for this tour along the Lost River, will be provided upon booking.
The tour ends close to Quai de Montebello, Petit Pont, a stone’s throw from Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral, in the heart of Paris. The tour ends, with the dead arm course of the Lost River.
What to Bring & Wear
• 100% refund for cancellation at least 24 hours in advance (Paris time). No refunds will be given for customers who cancel with less than 24 hours notice (Paris time), or arrive late (and are therefore unable to join the group), or don’t show up at all (no-show).
• 100% risk-free refund, if you cancel the Paris Private Food Tour, 5 days before the tour start date (the local time).
• For tourists who book tours for the day of their arrival in Paris, please be aware that we do not offer refunds in case of delayed flights or trains, as this is not our fault and happens quite often.
• Our tours run rain or shine. However, in case of heavy rains, we reserve the right to cancel the tour with 100% refund or we can reschedule it for you, if you wish. Please, check the forecast the day before the tour, and bring an umbrella with you, just in case.
• The company reserves the right to cancel any tour, for objective reasons, with a full refund, within a maximum of 3 days from the cancellation of the tour.Plus de photos
This tour along the Lost River, is designed to give you a complete immersion of both the history and gastronomy of the Latin Quarter.
Laisser un commentaire